Swiss-Belhotel International Launches Global Initiative ‘WeReassure’
As the lockdown for COVID-19 begins to ease in different parts of the world, Swiss-Belhotel International has rolled out a special initiative ‘WeReassure’ to welcome back guests across its hotels and resorts in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East, Africa and India.
Mr. Gavin M. Faull, Chairman and President of Swiss-Belhotel International, said, “WeReassure is our promise towards the well-being of our guests and our staff by maintaining hygiene and safety standards across all our branded hotels. A 64-page document has been rolled out to our hotels on the standards of the program and continuous training and auditing is in place to ensure the same.”
A health and safety officer has been appointed at every hotel managed by Swiss-Belhotel International to oversee the cleaning and hygiene standards throughout the property as well as serve as the point of contact to put guests concerns at ease.
Mr. Laurent A. Voivenel, Senior Vice President, Operations and Development for the Middle East, Africa and India, Swiss-Belhotel International, said, “Our hotels have personal protective equipment and cleaning supplies on hand, including masks, goggles, disposable gloves and disinfectant solutions. Frequent sanitisation of all areas, including lobbies, reception, fitness centres, pool areas and guest rooms are being regularly carried out. Enhanced hotel cleaning practices, workplace procedures and staff hygiene standards are being complemented by a line-up of mandatory virtual training courses for hotel teams, and additional resources and audits.”
As part of the ‘WeReassure’ programme folllowing are the policies and measures in place at Swiss-Belhotel International with minor variations at some hotels:
WeReassure – The Arrival
- Temperature scans taken
- Self-parking services are encouraged
- Reduced contact at check-in, touchless transactions, front-desk screens, sanitiser stations, sanitised key cards, paperless checkout
- Added partitions at front desk to further limit person-to-person contact.
- Ultraviolet light technology for sanitising keys for guests and devices shared by associates
WeReassure – The Guest Rooms
- A ‘Care Kit’ is being made available for guests. Each kit includes hand sanitiser gel, box of face masks, surgical gloves and antibacterial wipes.
- Visible verification of sanitised items (e.g., glassware, remote control), reduction of in-room furnishings/high-touch items, new laundry protocols.
- Windows and doors kept open as much as possible to encourage fresh air flow
- Adding disinfecting wipes to all guest rooms for personal use.
- The removal of clutter like pens, paper notepad, and guest directories and supplementing digital amenities and a digital directory available (upon request).
- In-room service menu and minibar menu accessible via QR code
- Room service delivery ensuring hygiene practices.
- After cleaning, allocating a 24-hour ‘breathing room’ period between guests checking in and out of rooms.
WeReassure – The Public Spaces and Facilities
- Furniture across hotel lobbies is rearranged to allow more space and to help guests adhere to social distancing protocols.
- Extra disinfection of high-touch areas (from light switches to remotes, thermostats, front-desk counters, doors and door handles, elevator buttons and any common use areas within the hotel).
- Hand sanitiser and disinfecting wipes available at high-touch points throughout.
- Regular deep cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants.
- Banquets and meeting spaces maintaining social distancing (pls check with staff for more details and capacity charts).
WeReassure – Food & Beverage
- Sit down buffets offered.
- Menu can be downloaded via QR code.
- Decorative items on tables are removed and other items minimized.
- In-room service menu and minibar menu accessible via QR code.
- Room service delivery ensuring hygiene practices.
WeReassure – Flexible stays
- Free cancellation on same day by 6pm.
- No charge for change in reservation (for same room type and meal plan).
- No charge for Early check-out upto 2 days before the original check-out date
Please note, above-mentioned terms may vary if booked via 3rd party. Book on www.swiss-belhotel.com for complete peace of mind
For media contact:
About Swiss-Belhotel International
Swiss-Belhotel International currently manages a portfolio of more than 145* hotels, resorts and projects located in Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam, Bahrain, Egypt, Georgia, Iraq, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Australia, New Zealand, Bulgaria, Germany, Italy, Switzerland and Tanzania. Awarded Indonesia’s Leading Global Hotel Chain for nine years, Swiss-Belhotel International is one of the world’s fastest-growing international hotel and hospitality management groups. The Group provides comprehensive and highly professional development and management services in all aspects of hotel, resort and serviced residences. Offices are located in Hong Kong, New Zealand, Australia, China, Europe, Indonesia, United Arab Emirates, and Vietnam.
*Numbers may fluctuate
For further information visit https://www.swiss-belhotel.com